Learn about Yolanda “Janie” Mercer, M.D.
A doctor at the Culinary Health Center
Dr. Mercer is a board certified doctor. Most people call her “Janie.” She has been a doctor for 4 years. Her favorite part of being a doctor is working as a team with other healthcare staff and patients. Dr. Mercer cares about making her patients comfortable. She spends time speaking to her patients and answering their questions. She joined the Culinary Health Center to work in a place that lets her spend quality time with each patient.
Before joining our team, she worked for a private health group in Las Vegas. Before that, she was doing health training in Arizona and Texas.
When she is not working, Dr. Mercer likes to work out and spend time with family. She really enjoys watching her kids play soccer, trying new foods, and traveling.
The specific areas of health she is trained in:
- Internal Medicine — This means she cares for adults.
- Geriatric Medicine — This means she cares for adults over 60 years of age.
- Primary Care Sports Medicine — This means she cares for athletes or people that are physically active.
Where she went to school:
- Fellowship in Primary Care Sports Medicine: Texas Tech University — Lubbock, Texas
- Fellowship in Geriatric Medicine: University of Arizona — Tucson, Arizona
- Residency: University of Arizona — Tucson, Arizona
- Medical School: University of Arizona — Tucson, Arizona
- Undergraduate: University of Arizona — Tucson, Arizona
To make an appointment, call us at 702-790-8000.
See all of our health care providers.